Donley County Constable Doug Wright has resigned effective at the end of last month, according to Judge John Howard.
Wright, who was just elected to a new four-year term in November, resigned to spend more time with his family, the judge said.
Donley County Commissioners considered the constable’s position during their regular meeting on Monday but took no action on filling that vacancy. Howard said the duties of that office are being performed by the Donley County Sheriff’s Office.
In other county news, Howard said a grant has been received to purchase new voting equipment that will be more digitized and easier to use and have less chance for human error in counting ballots.
The grant will provide $107,000 of the cost of the new equipment with the county providing a match of $13,000.
Howard said the county was going to be required to upgrade its equipment eventually and this grant provided an opportunity for most of that expense to be covered.







Donations will be accepted at the lunch, and social distancing and wearing of masks will be practiced by all participants. There are two times slots available for lunch to allow for social distancing. The times are noon and 1:00 p.m. To sign up, visit firstumcclarendontx.org.
The Clarendon Family Medical Center is reporting eight new cases of COVID-19 in Donley County residents this week. Active cases as of Tuesday afternoon was listed at 18, down four from this time last week. CFMD spokesperson Marsha Bruce said the clinic had received its vaccine allotment to give second doses to people who have already received the first round of vaccination. The clinic has not received any news on when additional doses might be available.
Reader Comments